For patients who have lost all or most of their teeth or had their teeth declared hopeless, receiving an All-on-4 implant system can be life-changing. A full dental arch of replacement teeth is anchored by a number of implants placed at strategic locations in the mouth. Through this procedure, a patient can go from having few or no teeth in their mouth to an entirely restored smile in a single day. Now, performing this procedure is easier than ever before for implant dentists like you through CHROME GuidedSMILE. Premier Dental Arts is proud to provide this service to our clientele of dentists, and that’s why we compiled this guide of frequently asked questions about CHROME GuidedSMILE.
What is CHROME GuidedSMILE, and how does it work?
CHROME GuidedSMILE allows the composition of a pre-planned guide to be used prior to All-on-4 surgery or a similar procedure. This is accomplished through information gathered from patient dental records and CAD/CAM technology. The end result plans out All-on-4 implants before the work begins.
Information verified by CHROME GuidedSmile includes:
- Tooth- and tissue-anchored bite verification
- Metal-guided bone reduction
- Secure site drilling
- Accurate and simple provisionalization
What are the benefits of CHROME GuidedSMILE?
- Safety – This system allows for the process of bone reduction and placement of the implant to be completely predictable and planned ahead of time. This planning also allows for the superior design of the replacement teeth, minimizing issues during the installation process.
- Convenience – Installing a system of replacement teeth like the All-on-4 can be completed in much less time. Surgery can be completed in about two hours, with the conversion taking 20 to 30 minutes.
- Size – CHROME GuidedSMILE is smaller. This allows for greater site visibility, full irrigation during the procedure, and minimal lingual flapping.
- Strength – CHROME GuidedSMILE is constructed using a metal substructure. That allows for dependability and durability while minimizing the risk of flex, breakage, and failure.
What is the process of CHROME GuidedSMILE?
- Phase 1 – Patient consultation. This serves as an educational meeting, making the patient aware of the need and benefits of this type of procedure. This also allows the patient to see what the end result will be.
- Phase 2 – Approval of patient records and case planning. This is important as CHROME GuidedSMILE cannot be completed if patient records are incomplete or not of a high enough quality. The records needed are fairly simple: all you need is a CT scan, casts or digital impressions of the patient’s mouth, and four specific photographs.
- Phase 3 – Laboratory work. This is the phase that will be taken care of by your preferred dental laboratory at Premier Dental Arts. We will provide a simulation of the way your smile will look and a digital set-up of the installation plan, including the implant placements and any bone reduction.
- Phase 4 – Online meeting. You will have an online meeting with CHROME to review the entire procedure and every aspect of the plan. This ensures that you and your team will be on the same page for the procedure and before production of the replacement arch of teeth begins. It is important that you wait to schedule the patient’s surgery to place the implants until this meeting occurs.
How do I find a dental lab that works with CHROME GuidedSMILE?
Premier Dental Lab is proud to be certified to work with the revolutionary CHROME GuidedSMILE system. If you’re interested in adding this digital plan to your existing procedures for All-on-4 or similar implants, contact our laboratory today. Just call (888) 732-5221.